11. June, 2019
Technical Workshop 2: The future of natural gas and the development of alternative carbon-free gases
In the preparation of strategic documents for the transition to a low-carbon society at the Jožef Stefan Institute – Energy Efficiency Centre, a meeting of experts was held to exchange views and review the status and direction of activities in the transition to a low-carbon society. The expert consultation was part of a series of technical workshops […]
In the preparation of strategic documents for the transition to a low-carbon society at the Jožef Stefan Institute – Energy Efficiency Centre, a meeting of experts was held to exchange views and review the status and direction of activities in the transition to a low-carbon society. The expert consultation was part of a series of technical workshops within the LIFE ClimatePath2050 project.
The discussion topic focused on the future of gaseous fuels, especially in the light of available technologies and potentials for carbon-neutral forms of gaseous fuels. Furthermore, the inputs from the workshop served as the foundation for the preparation of the Long-term Climate Strategy up to 2050 of Slovenia and the Integrated National Energy and Climate Plan of the Republic of Slovenia. The workshop highlighted the opportunities regarding gaseous fuels in the transition towards a low-carbon society. Specifically, it focused on the development of carbon-neutral fuels such as synthetic gases, hydrogen production, the decarbonization of industrial consumers, the gasification of wood biomass, and similar.
Date: 11 June 2019
- Starting points in planning energy and climate strategies and modeling energy consumption and supply (SL), Matjaž Česen, Jožef Stefan Institute
- Possibilities for storing RES energy in fuels and a systematic review of possibilities and potentials (EN), Iva Ridjan Skov, Aalborg University
- Options and opportunities for gas transmission infrastructure (SL), Dr. Franc Cimerman, Plinovodi, d.o.o.
- Technological challenges of biomethane production and its injection into the gas network (SL), Prof. Dr. Iztok Golobič
- The Gas Distribution Network (SL), mag. Urban Odar, Director GIZ DZP
- Development of biogas / biomethane technologies (SL), Dr. Viktor Jejčič
- E-gas extraction technologies and connections to the gas system (SL), Matej Urh, Plinovodi d.o.o.
- Pilot project – synthesis of methane from H2 and CO2 “Power-2-Methane” (SL), Matevž Čokl
- Technical comparative analysis of the use of gas heat pumps in the supply of heat and cooling energy to a building (SL), Boris Vidrih, Andrej Kitanovski, Urban Odar, Laboratory for Refrigeration and District Energy
- We drive on gas (SL), Volvo Trucks